Aug 23, 2007
✟799,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I didn't go to Mass yesterday or this morning. I got a couple of last-chance opportunities this afternoon but I don't feel that great in the head. I've felt worse, but I've felt better too. Yet if I don't go to Mass, I feel so awkward.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I didn't go to Mass yesterday or this morning. I got a couple of last-chance opportunities this afternoon but I don't feel that great in the head. I've felt worse, but I've felt better too. Yet if I don't go to Mass, I feel so awkward.
Hey, here is a free mass for you, my friend. I will pray for you, that you get better, in whatever you are struggling with.

Duration = 30 minutes

From the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
1716164221983.jpeg

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟799,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, here is a free mass for you, my friend. I will pray for you, that you get better, in whatever you are struggling with.

Duration = 30 minutes

From the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
View attachment 348173
Their Masses are amazing. I watched those (and EWTNs) before I started going go physical Mass.

I ended up going this afternoon but I went to one that was too far away for me, because it was earlier than the other ones, but I ended up getting home even later than if I had gone to one of the other Masses. It was a great Mass and a great sanctuary, but the distance and my lack of rest drained the life out of me, and I'm not sure I'd want to repeat this process again. However, I'm incredibly thankful that I went to Mass. If I lived closer to the place, I would be fine with it, although nothing makes me as happy as my Diocesan Cathedral's Mass.

• Winner
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Their Masses are amazing. I watched those (and EWTNs) before I started going go physical Mass.

I ended up going this afternoon but I went to one that was too far away for me, because it was earlier than the other ones, but I ended up getting home even later than if I had gone to one of the other Masses. It was a great Mass and a great sanctuary, but the distance and my lack of rest drained the life out of me, and I'm not sure I'd want to repeat this process again. However, I'm incredibly thankful that I went to Mass. If I lived closer to the place, I would be fine with it, although nothing makes me as happy as my Diocesan Cathedral's Mass.
Hey, at least you went to mass. :) You may be drained, but it is well worth it. To avoid repeating this process, maybe try going to your local mass in the morning.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟799,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, at least you went to mass. :) You may be drained, but it is well worth it. To avoid repeating this process, maybe try going to your local mass in the morning.
That is my goal. I love my Cathedral's Mass, I literally feel happy there when I don't feel that happiness at other parishes, even. The blandness of the Cathedral does grieve me, but the Masses are excellent.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is my goal. I love my Cathedral's Mass, I literally feel happy there when I don't feel that happiness at other parishes, even. The blandness of the Cathedral does grieve me, but the Masses are excellent.
Well, architectural blandness is a thing, but the Gospel message from the sermon and the community are the most important. So, next Sunday, my friend, try to go to mass at your Cathedral. :)

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟799,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, architectural blandness is a thing, but the Gospel message from the sermon and the community are the most important. So, next Sunday, my friend, try to go to mass at your Cathedral. :)
I love my Cathedral because it uses ONLY the organ that is in the choir loft. I've never seen a parish so far that only uses the organ and the sound permeates the sanctuary so much. I'm scared of this place ever one day modernizing its music. This place does it old-school.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love my Cathedral because it uses ONLY the organ that is in the choir loft. I've never seen a parish so far that only uses the organ and the sound permeates the sanctuary so much. I'm scared of this place ever one day modernizing its music. This place does it old-school.
Amen to that. I like the sound of the organ. My church uses the piano on some days, organ on others, and soft acoustic guitar occasionally. I like all three, but can not stand the trumpets (brass), as those instruments drown out the lyrics. I would be scared if any church started going to Hillsong music, after learning about the Hillsong scandal.

By the way, a side question, as you told me that you were raised in a Muslim family, which part of the world are you originally from? Also, I hope that your dad understands that Christianity is the one, true religion (whether the denomination be Catholic, Protestant, or Orthodox). I am from Bulgaria (adopted at age 21 months by Christian parents, live in the Midwest USA), and was Protestant up until 2022, before becoming Catholic.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟479,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The only thing I can say is push yourself and you’ll be glad. I think we all as humans have been through that time to time. It’s not unusual.

Barring that, you’ll be okay. We could have cyclical moods. But Mass is the original picker upper.

Believe it or not try not to berate yourself and let confession cheer you up.

Hugs :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟162,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My church has an organ but almost always plays the piano. I dont like that.

Upvote 0