Will it be justice if Abbot Pardons him?

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, it's a correction of Rob's description of the "legal standard".

Fair enough....but reasonable doubt is a pretty big window in this case.

Apologies, it was his police interview, not his courtroom testimony:

So if probably admissible as evidence but I'm willing to bet he testified he saw the man as a threat.

I don't see how that makes a difference. "Protesting illegally" is not a hanging offense.

He didn't shoot anyone for protesting illegally....he shot a guy who came up to his car as it was surrounded with an AK47.

The illegal nature of the protest essentially nullifies any argument about "Perry instigated the incident". No....Perry drove along the street, that's what the street is for. The protesters instigated this....if anyone did.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reddit is a government psy-op. 2013...maybe 2014 reddit mods goofed and accidentally posted the truth in their year end "most reddit addicted cities" post and listed....Eglin AFB as it's most reddit addicted city with over 100k visitors a day.
Visits, not visitors.

It gets a high "addicted" score because of the low residential population in the denominator. It's also entirely possible that Eglin is the endpoint for various AF networks. Web sites that try to determine my location while I'm using my work VPN, for example, usually put me in a different state.

Now, does that mean your particular link is in some way bogus? No. But I know enough to know I can't tell real from flim-flam on reddit, and buddy, I'm sure you can't either.

I saw this same video (not on reddit) at the time of the incident. That's why my post described looking for it, not being able to find it, and then finding it. I wasn't just hunting blindly for anything. I was looking for that specific video (or at least the left half of it).

Find a better source. I'd have an easier time posting evidence that reddit is subject to mass concensus formation than you will proving this guy who got pardoned did anything wrong.

I mean seriously, look out how insane some of the takes are on here. The governor was just earning points with the MAGA base? Nobody even remembered this case...I certainly didn't. The governor is just rewarding conservatives who kill liberals? Do we even know what the political persuasion of anyone involved? Did you see the poster who thinks a black guy got killed here?

A while back, you tried to argue that the Clintons had their helicopter crew killed and, in this thread, are worried that a dashcam video that I saw 3 years ago is part of some AF psyops plan and, instead of going and trying to find alternate angles or whatever, are just arguing from a position of ignorance.

I don't agree with those other takes (and, at times, have said so openly), but I don't think you're really on high ground here, either.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do racists just get carte blanche to kill people now?
In Texas, apparently so, especially if the racist is white and has harmed someone of colour.
But on the other hand Texas is tough on crime, especially if the offender is a person of colour. 70 years for spitting on someone. Wonder what a black gets for jay walking?
Even when convicted in a court of law, folks ignorant of what was presented in court are STILL willing to absolve a racist killer of all wrong doing.
Is it really wrong if no white person was harmed?
It's really no different from shooting your kid's puppy because it has been difficult to train. No harm, no foul.

This stuff reminds of that white kid who picked up a gun and travelled large distances to confront BLM protesters and ended up killing three of them. He was then lauded as a hero on Fox News and other right wing propaganda shows.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Visits, not visitors.

Regardless. 2500 people are all visiting reddit 40 times a day?

Is that what you think is happening?

Why do you think they deleted the post like 48 hours later?

Uh huh.

It gets a high "addicted" score because of the low residential population in the denominator.

Sure sure...I mean, it's not like they have real work to do. They're all sipping daiquiris and playing around on reddit.

It's also entirely possible that Eglin is the endpoint for various AF networks.

Oh sure....yeah...other bases. Right.

I saw this same video (not on reddit) at the time of the incident.

Ok.

That's why my post described looking for it, not being able to find it, and then finding it. I wasn't just hunting blindly for anything.

I understand that.

A while back, you tried to argue that the Clintons had their helicopter crew killed and,

Really? I don't recall this.

in this thread, are worried that a dashcam video that I saw 3 years ago is part of some AF psyops plan and, instead of going and trying to find alternate angles or whatever, are just arguing from a position of ignorance.

No....that's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that because the site engages in active disinformation, it's not a valid source....ever.

I don't agree with those other takes (and, at times, have said so openly), but I don't think you're really on high ground here, either.

The problem is that folks like yourself, all emotional about being part of a new civil movement (which was totally fake) wanted to punish anyone and everyone they perceive as ....

1. Racist.
2. Not part of their (fake) movement.

This guy....much like Rittenhouse...appears to have been caught up in that. It's not that his self defense argument was beyond a reasonable doubt....but his political and social beliefs were what condemned him. This isn't quite as excellent a case for self defense as Rittenhouse....but it's pretty close.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The problem is that folks like yourself, all emotional about being part of a new civil movement (which was totally fake) wanted to punish anyone and everyone they perceive as ....

1. Racist.
2. Not part of their (fake) movement.

This guy....much like Rittenhouse...appears to have been caught up in that. It's not that his self defense argument was beyond a reasonable doubt....but his political and social beliefs were what condemned him. This isn't quite as excellent a case for self defense as Rittenhouse....but it's pretty close.
or… just maybe… folks on your side want to excuse what the guy did because you don’t like the politics of the people he drove at.

For the record, I never said Rittenhouse was anything other than stupid.

And I was referring to your pushing the Clinton bodycount conspiracy:

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In Texas, apparently so, especially if the racist is white and has harmed someone of colour.
But on the other hand Texas is tough on crime, especially if the offender is a person of colour. 70 years for spitting on someone. Wonder what a black gets for jay walking?

Is it really wrong if no white person was harmed?
It's really no different from shooting your kid's puppy because it has been difficult to train. No harm, no foul.

This stuff reminds of that white kid who picked up a gun and travelled large distances to confront BLM protesters and ended up killing three of them. He was then lauded as a hero on Fox News and other right wing propaganda shows.

Again....hilarious. It's like 12 people like @stevevw were on the jury.

• Wow
Reactions: stevevw
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
or… just maybe… folks on your side want to excuse what the guy did because you don’t like the politics of the people he drove at.

Whoa...you don't see me defending Chauvin and any number of other cases.

No....I don't like the politics of the other side....but that has nothing to do with who is guilty or innocent.

For the record, I never said Rittenhouse was anything other than stupid.

Ok.

And I was referring to your pushing the Clinton bodycount conspiracy:

I listed a lot of dead associations of the Clintons. That's not a conspiracy....they worked with a lot of people who died rather early.

Upvote 0