• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Vitamin D Improves Immunity to Cancer And Reduces Tumor Growth in Mice, Study Finds

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,743,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Researchers have found that vitamin D improves immunity to cancer by encouraging the growth of a type of gut bacteria in lab mice.

Given a diet rich in vitamin D, they had better immune resistance to cancers and improved responses to immunotherapy treatment.

The team found that vitamin D acts on cells in the intestine, which in turn increases the amount of a ‘good’ bacteria called Bacteroides fragilis. This microbe gave mice better immunity to cancer as the transplanted tumors didn’t grow as much.

The team from the Francis Crick Institute, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health and Aalborg University in Denmark reported their findings in the journal Science.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟448,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Recently heard a doctor (on YouTube) recommend Vitamin D to help with depression.
Already been taking it for years ... with seemingly good results ...
but am upping the dose now, to his recommended dosage.

Seems Vitamin D can be quite good for us, apparently for a multitude of things.
We get it naturally from sunshine, but I don't presently spend that much time outdoors.
It was a doctor that originally suggested I take it, when we discovered by level was very low.
(Is great that they can test for these things!)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,250,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Recently heard a doctor (on YouTube) recommend Vitamin D to help with depression.
Already been taking it for years ... with seemingly good results ...
but am upping the dose now, to his recommended dosage.

Seems Vitamin D can be quite good for us, apparently for a multitude of things.
We get it naturally from sunshine, but I don't presently spend that much time outdoors.
It was a doctor that originally suggested I take it, when we discovered by level was very low.
(Is great that they can test for these things!)
A shrink suggested it for me, and also B vitamins and fish oil. I have also heard that it lessens the effects of viral infections. It might be the super vitamin that vitamin C was thought to be. And you get plenty with moderate sun exposure. Looks like maybe we have a winner here.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟360,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Vitamin D can be dangerous. It builds up in the body. Unlike vitamin B's which only uses what it needs and discards the rest. I was recently told my d3 was dangerously high. Read the dangers and remember you can overdose on D's but not b's

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,679.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Vitamin and mineral supplements dangers are not even close to the dangers and side effects of common medication.

One needs to take a really extreme amount for it to be harmful. So to stay safe, take it moderately and take some days off, for example a week in a month. Also, consider your other sources, like food, sunshine, fortified drinks.

Upvote 0